International Trauma Training Institute is an approved NBCC continuing education provider. ACEP # 6674
DATE: January 11 – February 21, 2021
DELIVERY METHOD: 6-week online. Allow 2 – 3 hours per week.
CE HOURS: 13
COURSE FEE: $198 (discounted 10% thru 12/31/21). All course material is provided.
SECTIONS: Participants will be assigned to a section with no more than 15.
FACULTY OVERSIGHT: An ITTI faculty member will be assigned to each section.
This course is built around 6 weekly modules. Each module is presented as a narrated PowerPoint along with additional videos and articles.
Within each module participants are expected to participate in the weekly discussion.
At the end of each weekly module participants are expected to pass a weekly quiz with a minimum grade of 80% in order to advance to the next week.
Participants must complete the modules in the order they are presented.
Completion documentation will be provided after the 6th module.
This six-module online training will include the following topics:
- Module 1: Cultural competency; health/mental health/mental well being/; mental illness; trauma; trauma informed care
- Module 2: Types of trauma: sexual abuse/assault, physical abuse/assault, emotional abuse of psychological maltreatment; serious accident/illness/medical procedure; victim or witness to domestic violence; victim or witness to community violence; historical trauma; school violence/bullying; natural or man made disasters; forced displacement; war/terrorism/political violence; military trauma; victim/witness to extreme personal or interpersonal violence; traumatic grief
- Module 3: Identify persons and/or groups typically designated as “other”; development of an awareness and appreciation of culture demographics
- Module 4: Increase awareness of vulnerable populations; increase awareness of signs and symptoms of abuse; increase awareness of protective factors
- Module 5: Awareness of racial disparities in health and access to care; awareness of vulnerable populations; awareness of preventive steps and response
- Module 6: Awareness of vulnerable populations and interventions