ITTI is an approved NBCC continuing education provider. ACEP # 6674
- DATE: April 19 – May 31, 2021
- DELIVERY METHOD: 6-week online. Allow 2 – 3 hours per week.
- PREREQUISITES: None
- CE HOURS: 13
- COURSE FEE: $198 (discounted 10% thru 12/31/21). All course material is provided.
- SECTIONS: Participants will be assigned to a section with no more than 15.
- FACULTY OVERSIGHT: An ITTI faculty member will provide oversight.
CERTIFICATION: This course provides the education component for certification. For all other certification requirements go to Evergreen Certifications
- This course is built around 6 weekly modules. Each module is presented as a narrated PowerPoint along with additional videos and articles.
- Within each module participants are expected to participate in the NON-LIVE weekly discussion. You will be able to interact with others in your section, as well as the instructor, via the discussion board.
- At the end of each weekly module participants are expected to pass a weekly quiz with a minimum grade of 80% in order to advance to the next week.
- Participants must complete the modules in the order they are presented. Completion documentation will be provided after the 6th module.
This six-module online training will cover the following topics:
- Preview of Definitions and General Principles of Anger Management
- Basic Brain Science
- Basics of the Emotional Brain
- Basics of the Social Brain
- Basics of the Angry Brain
- Anger Systems in the Brain
- Phases of an Anger Episode
- Changing the Brain
- Substance Abuse and Violence
- Domestic Violence
- Overview of Anger Management Treatment
- Group Interventions for Treating Anger
- Events and Cues: A Framework for Understanding Anger
- Anger Control Plans
- The Aggression Cycle
- Cognitive Restructuring
- Assertive Training
- Conflict Resolution
- Individual Interventions for Treating Anger