ITTI is an approved NBCC continuing education provider. ACEP # 6674
DATE: May 18 – June 28, 2020
DELIVERY METHOD: 6-week online. Allow 2 – 3 hours per week.
CE HOURS: 13
COURSE FEE: $198 (discounted 10% thru 12/31/20). All course material is provided.
SECTIONS: Participants will be assigned to a section with no more than 15.
FACULTY OVERSIGHT: An ITTI faculty member will provide oversight.
CERTIFICATION: This course provides the education component for certification. For all other certification requirements go to http://traumapro.net
This course is built around 6 weekly modules. Each module is presented as a narrated PowerPoint along with additional videos and articles.
Within each module participants are expected to participate in the weekly discussion.
At the end of each weekly module participants are expected to pass a weekly quiz with a minimum grade of 80% in order to advance to the next week.
Participants must complete the modules in the order they are presented. Completion documentation will be provided after the 6th module.
This six-module online training will cover the following topics:
- Preview of Definitions and General Principles of Anger Management
- Basic Brain Science
- Basics of the Emotional Brain
- Basics of the Social Brain
- Basics of the Angry Brain
- Anger Systems in the Brain
- Phases of an Anger Episode
- Changing the Brain
- Substance Abuse and Violence
- Domestic Violence
- Overview of Anger Management Treatment
- Group Interventions for Treating Anger
- Events and Cues: A Framework for Understanding Anger
- Anger Control Plans
- The Aggression Cycle
- Cognitive Restructuring
- Assertive Training
- Conflict Resolution
- Individual Interventions for Treating Anger
Participants must complete the modules in the order they are presented.
Completion documentation will be provided after the 6th module.Register Now