International Trauma Training Institute is an approved NBCC continuing education provider. ACEP # 6674
DATE: September 21 – November 1, 2020
DELIVERY METHOD: 6-week online. Allow 2 – 3 hours per week.
CE HOURS: 13
COURSE FEE: $198 (discounted 10% thru 12/31/20) . All course material is provided.
SECTIONS: Participants will be assigned to a section with no more than 15.
FACULTY OVERSIGHT: An ITTI faculty member will be assigned to each section.
ITTI is excited to offer a new course in hypnotherapy! Bilateral Hypnotherapy combines innovative approaches with one of the oldest interventions used in the treatment of trauma: hypnosis. This course will teach participants a brief history and the foundations of hypnotherapy. Participants will be taught how to implement hypnotic inductions, apply a variety of interventions, as well as how to emerge clients out of a hypnotic state. By the end of the course participants will also understand that using hypnotherapy has a positive, lasting, vicarious effect on the therapist.
The protocols used will include the GIDIE Method. The ingredients of the GIDIE acronym will help steer participants through easy application of each stage of this intervention and offers an easily accessible method for remembering phases of hypnotherapy, which will allow for transfer from the course material to your clinical practice! Participants will be able to conceptualize complicated cases in a clear system that allows for quick resolution and reduced stress on the client and therapist.
HOW THIS COURSE WILL WORK
- Six (6) weekly online modules
- Participation in weekly online discussions
- Prepare and submit a video of a hypnotherapeutic induction
- Participate in a webinar with the two instructors, Andy Brown, Ed.D., and Sarah Stewart-Spencer, Ph.D.
- Briefly covers the history of hypnosis, including the modern application of hypnotherapy.
- Defines and describes the GIDIE method that helps to guide the course and practitioner in learning and applying Bilateral Hypnotherapy.
- Focuses on the groundwork in hypnotherapy and how to integrate this into current intake practices.
- This module is focused on inductions. Inductions are the vehicles that help to get clients to a workable trance state. This module explains methods and styles of inductions and reviews considerations for practice.
- An in-depth look at deepening the client’s trance state.
- Different types of therapeutic work can be done at one of the six levels of depth.
- This module will demonstrate how to take a client to different levels, and how to measure a client’s trance depth.
- While induced in a trance state the mind becomes hyper suggestible.
- This module will teach different interventions used once a client is induced into a trance state.
- Interventions are typically individualized depending on the client’s need and the current course of treatment.
- Bringing a client out of a trance state is known as emerging.
- This module facilitates learning around the art and science of bringing a client out of a hypnotic state.
- This stage also includes post-hypnotic suggestions and processing interventions.
- One of the many unique aspects about Bilateral Hypnotherapy is the ability to receive and integrate feedback.
- This module will allow for video feedback, as well as to help participants integrate hypnotherapy into their current work.