Obtain your certification after completing the coursework by Submitting your Application Electronically or Downloading A Paper Application.
To renew your certification, Submit Your Application Electronically or Download A Paper Application.
The purpose of this course is to provide an overview of the foundations of sex offender assessment and treatment.
Course Content includes the following:
- History of S/O legislation in the United States
- Legal and psychological parameters of sexual offenses
- S/O myths and misconceptions
- Adult and juvenile S/O typologies
- Administration and analysis of S/O assessments.
- Treatment planning
- Best practices and clinical interventions
By the end of training participants will be able to:
- Discuss the historical development of sex offender legislation
- Identify what constitutes a Sexual Offense
- Review Adult and Juvenile Sex Offense Typologies
- Review and discuss misconceptions about Sex Offenders
- Articulate the purpose of Sex Offender Risk Assessments
- Identify types of Sex Offender Risk Assessments
- Administer & Analyze Sex Offender Risk Assessments
- Learn to conduct a Psycho-sexual Assessment
- Develop a Treatment Plan
- Learn best practices for Sex Offender Treatment
Recertification is effective for one, two, or three years. You can renew your certification here. To renew, members must submit proof of completing six (6) trauma related CE’s per year. The fees for renewing certification is $49 for one year, $79 for two years, or $99 for three years.