ITTI is an NBCC-approved continuing education provider. ACEP# 6674
DATE: Oct 4 – Nov 15, 2021
DELIVERY METHOD: 6-week online. Allow 2 – 3 hours per week.
CE HOURS: 13
COURSE FEE: $198 (discounted 10% thru 12/31/21). All course material is provided.
SECTIONS: Participants will be assigned to a section with no more than 15.
FACULTY OVERSIGHT: An ITTI faculty member will be assigned to each section.
- This course is built around 6 weekly modules. Each module is presented as a narrated PowerPoint along with additional videos and articles within each module
- Participants are expected to participate in the NON-LIVE weekly discussion. You will be able to interact with others in your section, as well as the instructor, via the discussion board.
- At the end of each weekly module participants must pass a weekly quiz with a minimum grade of 80% in order to advance to the next week.
- Participants must complete the modules in the order they are presented.
- Completion documentation will be provided after the 6th module.
This six-week course provides civilian clinicians a framework of military culture, ethos and the challenges faced by active-duty military, reserves, National Guard, and veterans, to include their families. The clinician completing this course will be introduced to common clinician concerns of veterans, treatment issues, testing, and available resources. Civilian clinicians who are interested will also learn how to apply and become qualified mental health treatment providers with TRICARE and the Veterans Administration (VA).
Course Objectives: Upon completion of the course civilian clinicians will be able to:
- Identify key characteristics of military culture and ethos.
- Identify the major challenges that military personnel and their families encounter.
- Understand the value and process of screening patient’s military history.
- Articulate how they can collaborate their practice with the VA in treating military veterans.
Module 1: Understanding Military Culture & Ethos
Module 2: Common Treatment Issues, Including Traumatic Brain Injury, Posttraumatic Stress Disorder, Substance Use Disorder, & Chronic Pain
Module 3: Marriage & Family Issues
Module 4: Screening Technique for Mental Health Issues
Module 5: Testing for PTSD Used for Clinical Treatment & Forensic Evaluations
Module 6: Connecting with the Veterans Administration & TRICARERegister Now