International Trauma Training Institute is an approved NBCC continuing education provider. ACEP # 6674
DATE: Jan 7 – Feb 16, 2020
DELIVERY METHOD: 6-week online. Allow 2 – 3 hours per week.
CE HOURS: 13
COURSE FEE: $220. All course material is provided.
SECTIONS: Participants will be assigned to a section with no more than 15.
FACULTY OVERSIGHT: An ITTI faculty member will be assigned to each section.
CERTIFICATION: This course provides the education component for certification. For all other certification requirements go to http://traumapro.net
This course is built around 6 weekly modules. Each module is presented as a narrated PowerPoint along with additional videos and articles.
Within each module participants are expected to participate in the weekly discussion.
At the end of each weekly module participants are expected to pass a weekly quiz with a minimum grade of 80% in order to advance to the next week.
Participants must complete the modules in the order they are presented.
Completion documentation will be provided after the 6th module.
This six-module online training will cover the following topics:
- The historical events and seminal figures that contributed to the development of the field of traumatic stress
- Understand major research, treatment interventions, and important literature in the field of traumatic stress
- The active ingredients in healing traumatic stress
- Evidence-based interventions, common factors and emerging trends for effective treatment of traumatic stress
- The common factors for healing traumatic stress
- The therapeutic relationship and positive expectancy (relational factors) for positive outcomes in treatment
- Reciprocal inhibition, relaxation, self-regulation, exposure and narrative in the treatment of traumatic stress
- The potential deleterious personal effects associated with treating traumatic stress
- The DSM-V diagnostic criteria for posttraumatic stress disorder
- Knowledge of prominent clinical assessment tools and instruments
- The role of scoring and interpretation of assessment and its application to case conceptualization
- The elements of various interview protocols (e.g., semi-structured interview, mental status exam, PIDIB) as they apply to the treatment of traumatic stress
- The Tri-phasic Model as standard of care when treating traumatic stress
- The psycho-educational components of early treatment of traumatic stress
- The roles of perceived threat, stress, PNS/SNS, and somatization in the symptoms of traumatic stress and their management
- Identify and discuss the effective treatments for traumatic stress
- Demonstrate procedural understanding of the use of IATP Five Narrative Model for Desensitization and reprocessing of traumatic memories
- Principles and practices for treating traumatized children/adolescents, comparing and contrasting these with those for adults