ITTI is an approved NBCC continuing education provider. ACEP # 6674
CE HOURS: 24
CERTIFICATION: This course provides the education component for certification. For all other certification requirements go to Evergreen Certifications
- This course is built around 8 modules. Each module is presented as a narrated PowerPoint along with additional videos and articles.
- At the end of each module participants are expected to pass a quiz with a minimum grade of 80% in order to advance to the next module.
- Participants must complete the modules in the order they are presented.
- Completion documentation will be provided after the 8th module.
This course examines: a) The historical development of sex offender legislation b) What constitutes a Sexual Offense c) Adult and Juvenile Sex Offense Typologies d) Misconceptions about Sex Offenders e) Sex Offender Risk Assessments f) Administration and Analysis of Sex Offender Risk Assessments g) How to conduct a Psycho-sexual Assessment h) Development of a Treatment Plan i) Best practices for Sex Offender Treatment
The 8 weekly MODULES cover the following topics:
- Module 1: Introduction and review of relevant literature
- Module 2: Diagnosing a sexual offense and offender
- Module 3: Differentiating between juvenile and adult offenders
- Module 4: Myths and misconceptions regarding sexual offenders
- Module 5: Current legislation and legal system
- Module 6: Assessing risk
- Module 7: Psycho-sexual assessments and models
- Module 8: Current review of best practices