International Trauma Training Institute is an approved NBCC continuing education provider. ACEP # 6674
DATE: Oct 4 – Nov 15, 2021
DELIVERY METHOD: 6-week online. Allow 2 – 3 hours per week.
CE HOURS: 13
COURSE FEE: $198 (discounted 10% thru 12/31/21). All course material is provided.
SECTIONS: Participants will be assigned to a section with no more than 15.
FACULTY OVERSIGHT: An ITTI faculty member will be assigned to each section.
- This course is built around 6 weekly modules. Each module is presented as a narrated PowerPoint along with additional videos and articles.
- Within each module participants are expected to participate in the NON-LIVE weekly discussion. You will be able to interact with others in your section, as well as the instructor, via the discussion board.
- At the end of each weekly module participants are expected to pass a weekly quiz with a minimum grade of 80% in order to advance to the next week.
- Participants must complete the modules in the order they are presented.
- Completion documentation will be provided after the 6th module.
This six-module online training will include the following topics:
- Module 1: Cultural competency; health/mental health/mental well being/; mental illness; trauma; trauma informed care
- Module 2: Types of trauma: sexual abuse/assault, physical abuse/assault, emotional abuse of psychological maltreatment; serious accident/illness/medical procedure; victim or witness to domestic violence; victim or witness to community violence; historical trauma; school violence/bullying; natural or man made disasters; forced displacement; war/terrorism/political violence; military trauma; victim/witness to extreme personal or interpersonal violence; traumatic grief
- Module 3: Identify persons and/or groups typically designated as “other”; development of an awareness and appreciation of culture demographics
- Module 4: Increase awareness of vulnerable populations; increase awareness of signs and symptoms of abuse; increase awareness of protective factors
- Module 5: Awareness of racial disparities in health and access to care; awareness of vulnerable populations; awareness of preventive steps and response
- Module 6: Awareness of vulnerable populations and interventions