ITTI is an approved NBCC continuing education provider. ACEP # 6674
- DATE: July 26 – September 6, 2021
- DELIVERY METHOD: 6 weeks online. Allow 2 – 3 hours per week.
- PREREQUISITES: None
- CE HOURS: 13
- COURSE FEE: $198 (discounted 10% extended thru 12/31/21). All course material is provided.
- SECTIONS: Participants will be assigned to a section of no more than 15.
- FACULTY OVERSIGHT: An ITTI faculty member will be assigned to each section.
CERTIFICATION: This course provides the education component for certification. For all other certification requirements go to Evergreen Certifications
SAVE UP to 60% BY PRE-PAYING FOR CERTIFICATION WHEN REGISTERING FOR THIS COURSE! AVAILABLE AT CHECK OUT.
- COURSE INSTRUCTIONS:
This course is built around 6 weekly modules. Each module is presented as a narrated PowerPoint along with additional videos and articles.
- Within each module participants are expected to participate in the NON-LIVE weekly discussion. You will be able to interact with others in your section, as well as the instructor, via the discussion board.
- At the end of each weekly module participants are expected to pass a weekly quiz with a minimum grade of 80% in order to advance to the next week.
- Participants must complete the modules in the order they are presented.
- Completion documentation will be provided after the 6th module.
This six-module course will unlock the secrets of anxiety and how it is processed in the brain. Anxiety travels in two distinct pathways in the brain although presenting symptoms may be similar upon first glance. Understanding the physiological source of anxiety will help decipher the best mode of treatment for addressing anxiety at its source. Since anxiety is a universal experience this course will bring useful strategies that can be applied nearly instantly with anxious clients.
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of neuroscience as it applies to anxiety
- Clearly define anxiety, fear, and stress
- Understand the use and benefits of psychotherapy
- Explore the context of effective interventions
- Identify the ERASE model of conceptualizing treatment
- Explain and apply methods of treatment for anxiety
- Demonstrate an ability to form goals and focus the session
- Understand DSM diagnostic criteria for anxiety
MODULE 1: This module provides an approachable introduction to neuroscience and its application for counselors and psychotherapists.
MODULE 2: This module takes a deep dive into the symptoms of anxiety and examines the physical and experiential source of anxiety.
MODULE 3: This module delves into ways to therapeutically rewire the brain for handling anxiety based in the amygdala.
MODULE 4: This module takes a long look at the role of the cortex in creating anxiety and gives practical information on how to tame the cortex into better behavior when it wants to spiral out of control.
MODULE 5: This module focuses on the importance of the therapeutic relationship as it relates to anxiety treatment.
MODULE 6: This module introduces a unique and brilliant way to work with clients so that anxiety can finally be erased!Register Now