Online (scroll down) and Live Trainings
LIVE 2-DAY TRAUMA TRAINING with Mike Dubi, Ed.D., LMHC, President of the International Trauma Training Institute.
COURSE TITLE: Clinical Trauma Professional (CTP-NJ). This course provides the education requirement for certification. For more details on certification, contact traumapro.net
WHEN: Tuesday, June 4 and Wednesday, June 5, 2019, 9-5pm
WHERE: Kean University, Nathan Weiss Graduate College, East Campus, 215 North Avenue, Hillside, NJ 07205
CONTINUING EDUCATION HOURS EARNED: 13 (NBCC ACEP #6674)
FEE: $220Register Now
This live training will cover the following topics:
- The historical events and seminal figures that contributed to the development of the field of traumatic stress
- Understand major research, treatment interventions, and important literature in the field of traumatic stress
- The active ingredients in healing the negative effects of traumatic stress
- Evidence-based interventions and emerging trends for effective treatment of traumatic stress symptoms
- The common factors for healing traumatic stress
- The therapeutic relationship and positive expectancy (relational factors) for positive outcomes in treatment
- Reciprocal inhibition, relaxation, self-regulation, exposure and narrative in the treatment of traumatic stress
- The potential deleterious personal effects associated with treating traumatic stress
- The DSM-V diagnostic criteria for posttraumatic stress disorder
- Knowledge of prominent clinical assessment tools and instruments
- The role of scoring and interpretation of assessment and its application to case conceptualization
- The elements of various interview protocols (e.g., semi-structured interview, mental status exam, PIDIB) as they apply to the treatment of traumatic stress
- The Tri-phasic Model as standard of care when treating traumatic stress
- The psycho-educational components of early treatment of traumatic stress
- The roles of perceived threat, stress, PNS/SNS, and somatization in the symptoms of traumatic stress and their management
- Identify and discuss the effective treatments for traumatic stress
- Demonstrate procedural understanding of the use of the Five Narrative Model for Desensitization and reprocessing of traumatic memories
- Principles and practices for treating traumatized children/adolescents, comparing and contrasting these with those for adults
- Participants will leave with knowledge of 12 – 16 new interventions to use with clients, teach to clients for empowerment and apply to themselves
ITTI offers 6-week online trauma trainings (8-weeks for Sex Offender Treatment Provider). These trainings are facilitated by our expert instructors giving you an opportunity for online interactions without having to travel. They include weekly assignments and opportunities to participate in group discussions.
The cost of the 6-week and 8-week trainings is $220. Our new Trauma-Informed Care Basics is $50. Our next session of trainings starts on July 15, 2019.
ALL OF ITTI’s COURSES ARE SELF-PACED. There is no specific time when you need to log into the training, although you must finish the module’s assignment within that week.
All of the resources are provided. You can access narrated Power Points and You Tubes (as well as the same Power Points without narration).
You will be able to access and view the materials on the day of the first session. You will then be able to comment on the module’s discussion post(s). Commenting on each module’s discussion post(s) is the recommended written work and must be completed within a week.
Participants are assigned to a section of no more than 15.
The following NBCC approved Continuing Education hours are awarded after successful completion of the online trainings. In addition, Clinical Trauma Competency for Social Workers is approved by NASW:
- Complementary & Alternative Therapies for Trauma (COAT); 13 CE hours
- Anger Management Treatment Professional (AMTP): 13 CE Hours
- Attachment & Trauma (AT): 13 CE Hours
- Child & Adolescent Trauma Professional (CATP): 13 CE Hours
- Clinical Trauma Professional (CTP): 13 CE Hours
- Clinical Trauma Competency for Social Workers (CTCSW): 13 CE Hours
- Clinicians in the Courtroom (CIC): 13 CE Hours
- Sex Offender Treatment Provider (SOTP): 24 CE Hours
- Treatment of Sexual Addiction (TSA): 13 CE Hours
- Preparing Forensic Assessments: Interviewing, Testing, Reporting (PFA): 13 CE Hours
- Neurobiology of Addiction (NA): 13 CE Hours
- Neurobiology for Mental Health Profession als (NB): 13 CE Hours
- Victimology (VIC): 13 CE Hours
SPECIAL TRAUMA-INFORMED CARE TRAINING COURSE: COST $50
- Trauma-Informed Care Basics: 2 CE Hours
Participants are eligible for Certification upon successful completion of the following trainings: CTP, CATP, CTCSW, AMTP, SOTP at traumapro.net
Within 48 hours of registering for one of our online trainings you should receive an email confirmation. If you do not receive a confirmation or if you do not receive login information the day before the training begins please send an email to Cindi Labadie, Registrar. Cindi’s email address is: firstname.lastname@example.org
13 CE hours per training for AM, ATT, CATP, CTP, CTCSW, CIC, COAT, PFA, NB, TSA, VIC, NA and CTCSW; 2 CE Hours for Trauma Informed Care Basics, ** 24 CE hours for SOTP.Register Now