International Trauma Training Institute is an approved NBCC continuing education provider. ACEP # 6674
DATE: Jan 7 – Feb 16, 2020
DELIVERY METHOD: 6-week online. Allow 2 – 3 hours per week.
CE HOURS: 13
COURSE FEE: $220. All course material is provided.
SECTIONS: Participants will be assigned to a section with no more than 15.
FACULTY OVERSIGHT: An ITTI faculty member will be assigned to each section.
CERTIFICATION: This course is currently under review for certification.
This course is built around 6 weekly modules. Each module is presented as a narrated PowerPoint along with additional videos and articles.
Within each module participants are expected to participate in the weekly discussion.
At the end of each weekly module participants are expected to pass a weekly quiz with a minimum grade of 80% in order to advance to the next week.
Participants must complete the modules in the order they are presented.
Completion documentation will be provided after the 6th module.
This six module online training will cover the following topics:
- Module 1: History of ADHD; core symptoms; diagnoses; prevalence; gender differences and ADHD controversies
- Module 2: Executive functions; misconceptions about focus and will power; self regulations & ADHD
- Module 3: Etiology and relation to gene-environment; epigenetics; attachment & ADHD
- Module 4: Convergence of attachment; neuroscience & gene-environment; assessment of children; humanistic approach
- Module 5: History of ADHD & adult development; the internal experience; addictions & ADHD
- Module 6: Treatment & management strategies