International Trauma Training Institute is an approved NBCC continuing education provider. ACEP # 6674
REGISTER AT ANY TIME
DELIVERY METHOD: 6 Modules, Self-paced, Online
CE HOURS: 13
All course material is provided.
This course provides the education component for certification. For all other certification requirements go to Evergreen Certifications.
SAVE $60 BY PRE-PAYING FOR CERTIFICATION WHEN REGISTERING FOR THIS COURSE! AVAILABLE AT CHECK OUT.
- This course is built around 6 online self-paced modules. Each module is presented as a narrated PowerPoint along with additional videos and articles.
- At the end of each module participants are expected to pass a weekly quiz with a minimum grade of 80% in order to advance to the next module.
- Participants must complete the modules in the order they are presented.
- Completion documentation will be provided after the 6th module.
This six-module online training will cover the following topics:
- The historical events and seminal figures that contributed to the development of the field of traumatic stress
- Understand major research, treatment interventions, and important literature in the field of traumatic stress
- The active ingredients in healing traumatic stress
- Evidence-based interventions, common factors and emerging trends for effective treatment of traumatic stress
- The common factors for healing traumatic stress
- The therapeutic relationship and positive expectancy (relational factors) for positive outcomes in treatment
- Reciprocal inhibition, relaxation, self-regulation, exposure and narrative in the treatment of traumatic stress
- The potential deleterious personal effects associated with treating traumatic stress
- The DSM-V diagnostic criteria for posttraumatic stress disorder
- Knowledge of prominent clinical assessment tools and instruments
- The role of scoring and interpretation of assessment and its application to case conceptualization
- The elements of various interview protocols (e.g., semi-structured interview, mental status exam, PIDIB) as they apply to the treatment of traumatic stress
- The Tri-phasic Model as standard of care when treating traumatic stress
- The psycho-educational components of early treatment of traumatic stress
- The roles of perceived threat, stress, PNS/SNS, and somatization in the symptoms of traumatic stress and their management
- Identify and discuss the effective treatments for traumatic stress
- Demonstrate procedural understanding of the use of IATP Five Narrative Model for Desensitization and reprocessing of traumatic memories
- Principles and practices for treating traumatized children/adolescents, comparing and contrasting these with those for adults