International Trauma Training Institute is an approved NBCC continuing education provider. ACEP # 6674
COURSE TITLE: Neurobiology for Mental Health Professionals
DATE: Jan 10, 2022
DELIVERY METHOD: 6-week online. Allow 2 – 3 hours per week.
CE HOURS: 13
$220. $198 (discounted by 10% thru 12/31/20). All course material is provided.
SECTIONS: Participants will be assigned to a section of no more than 15.
FACULTY OVERSIGHT: An ITTI faculty member will be assigned to each section.
This course is built around 6 weekly modules. Each module is presented as a narrated PowerPoint along with additional videos and articles.
Within each module participants are expected to participate in the weekly discussion.
At the end of each weekly module participants are expected to pass a weekly quiz with a minimum grade of 80% in order to advance to the next week.
Participants must complete the modules in the order they are presented.
Completion documentation will be provided after the 6th module.
This six module online training will cover the following topics:
- Genetic changes in children
- The Genetic and Environmental Influences on traumatic experiences
- Three key elements involved in the response to stress
- Episodic Memory, Perceptual Memory, and Their Interaction – Foundations for a Theory of PTSD
- How Traumatic Stress Is Linked to a Deficit in Associative Episodic Memory
- Preliminary Evidence of Increased Hippocampal Myelin Content in Veterans with PTSD
- Reduced Hippocampal Volume Is Associated With Overgeneralization of Negative Context in Individuals with PTSD
- The hidden price and possible benefit of repeated traumatic exposure
- The Hippocampus Function Predicts Severity of PTSD
- A Pilot Examination of the Use of Narrative Therapy with Individuals Diagnosed with PTSD
- Coping with Trauma – Narrative and Cognitive Perspectives
- A review on the evidence of transgenerational transmission of PTSD vulnerability
- Cognitive Appraisals and Emotions Predict Cortisol and Immune Responses
- Emotion Stress and the Cardiovascular response
- Inflammatory Markers and Immune Function – Associations with Emotion Regulation
- The potential role of the anterior cingulate cortex
- Do people cope with situations as they say?
- Psychoneuroimmunology, stress and pregnancy
- The effects of long-term chronic stress on the lymphoid organs