ITTI is an NBCC-approved continuing education provider, ACEP# 6674.
DATE: Register at any time
DELIVERY METHOD: 6 Modules, Self-pace,d Online
CE HOURS: 13
All course material is provided.
- This course is built around 6 weekly modules. Each module is presented as a narrated PowerPoint along with additional videos and articles.
- At the end of each module participants are expected to pass a quiz with a minimum grade of 80% in order to advance to the next module.
- Participants must complete the modules in the order they are presented.
- Completion documentation will be provided after the 6th module.
This six module online training will cover the following topics:
- Genetic changes in children
- The Genetic and Environmental Influences on traumatic experiences
- Three key elements involved in the response to stress
- Episodic Memory, Perceptual Memory, and Their Interaction – Foundations for a Theory of PTSD
- How Traumatic Stress Is Linked to a Deficit in Associative Episodic Memory
- Preliminary Evidence of Increased Hippocampal Myelin Content in Veterans with PTSD
- Reduced Hippocampal Volume Is Associated With Overgeneralization of Negative Context in Individuals with PTSD
- The hidden price and possible benefit of repeated traumatic exposure
- The Hippocampus Function Predicts Severity of PTSD
- A Pilot Examination of the Use of Narrative Therapy with Individuals Diagnosed with PTSD
- Coping with Trauma – Narrative and Cognitive Perspectives
- A review on the evidence of transgenerational transmission of PTSD vulnerability
- Cognitive Appraisals and Emotions Predict Cortisol and Immune Responses
- Emotion Stress and the Cardiovascular response
- Inflammatory Markers and Immune Function – Associations with Emotion Regulation
- The potential role of the anterior cingulate cortex
- Do people cope with situations as they say?
- Psychoneuroimmunology, stress and pregnancy
- The effects of long-term chronic stress on the lymphoid organs