International Trauma Training Institute is an approved NBCC continuing education provider. ACEP # 6674
START DATE: January 7, 2020
DELIVERY METHOD: Online
CE HOURS: 1
COURSE FEE: $50. All course material is provided.
SECTIONS: Participants will be assigned to a section with no more than 25.
FACULTY OVERSIGHT: An ITTI faculty member will be assigned to each section.
CERTIFICATION: This course is currently under review for certification.
This 2-5-hour mini course is a suitable adjunct to our Sex Offender Treatment Provider course. It was developed by Harry Morgan, Ph.D. and Ken Hulata, B.S., both of whom have extensive experience working with sex offenders. This course offers 1 (one) CE Hour and will discuss the following topics:
- Etiology and effects of trauma
- Traumatic events that SOs experience (including arrest, charge, trial, sentencing, incarceration, probation and after probation)
- Effective trauma informed care of sexual offenders.
By the end of this self-paced mini course participants will understand:
- how trauma may have contributed to the SO’s criminogenic behavior
- how trauma continues to impact then SO
- how to provide a more effective modality of treatment to sexual offenders using trauma-informed care (TIC)
- how TIC differs from non-TIC modalities of SOTX
- that TIC is a paradigm shift in SOTX
This mini course will be of interest to all mental health professionals regardless of their specializations.