International Trauma Training Institute is an approved NBCC continuing education provider. ACEP # 6674
DELIVERY METHOD: 8-week online. Allow 4 – 5 hours per week.
CE HOURS: 24
COURSE FEE: $220. All course material is provided.
SECTIONS: Participants will be assigned to a section with no more than 15.
FACULTY OVERSIGHT: An ITTI faculty member will be assigned to each section.
CERTIFICATION: This course provides the education component for certification. For all other certification requirements go to http://traumapro.net
This course is built around 8 weekly modules. Each module is presented as a narrated PowerPoint along with additional videos and articles. Within each module participants are expected to participate in the weekly discussion.
At the end of Module 8, there is a 94-question test. A passing grade of at least 80% is required for course completion.
Participants must complete the modules in the order they are presented.
Completion documentation will be provided after the 8th module.
This 8-module online training will cover the following topics:
OBJECTIVES: At the conclusion of this 8-week training, participants will have acquired a working knowledge of: historical development of sexual offender legislation; the assessment process when treating a sexual offender; myths and misconceptions of the clinicians, public and the law; sex offender typologies; treatment plan development; current best practices.
- Module 1: Introduction and review of relevant literature
- Module 2: Diagnosing a sexual offense and offender
- Module 3: Differentiating between juvenile and adult offenders
- Module 4: Myths and misconceptions regarding sexual offenders
- Module 5: Current legislation and legal system
- Module 6: Assessing risk
- Module 7: Psycho-sexual assessments and models
- Module 8: Current review of best practices