DATE: March 15, 2022
DELIVERY METHOD: Online
CE HOURS: 1 CE
All course material is provided.
In today’s world trauma has affected almost everyone directly or indirectly. Often these trauma survivors are unintentionally re-victimized by well-meaning people who just don’t know how to minimize or eliminate further harm. This 1-hour Trauma-Informed Care course is aimed at non-clinical service providers who work with children, adolescents, and adults in any setting. Participants will learn how to identify various responses to stress; recognize reactions to trauma triggers; understand how to develop and support resilience, and identify ways of interacting with and helping trauma survivors.
- Types of Stress: Positive/Negative
- Reactions to Trauma: Fight or Flight
- Adverse Childhood Experiences Study
- What is Trauma-Informed Care: – Creating Safety; Teaching Self-Calming Skills; Building Relationships
- Interventions and Techniques
- Manipulation or Misunderstanding
- Trauma Triggers
- All Behavior Serves a Purpose
- Maintained Behaviors
- Ways of Expressing Anger
- Vicarious and Secondary Trauma