International Trauma Training Institute is an approved NBCC continuing education provider. ACEP # 6674
DATE: July 20, 2020
DELIVERY METHOD: 6-week online. Allow 2 – 3 hours per week.
CE HOURS: 13
COURSE FEE: $220. All course material is provided.
SECTIONS: Participants will be assigned to a section with no more than 15.
FACULTY OVERSIGHT: An ITTI faculty member will be assigned to each section.
This course is built around 6 weekly modules. Each module is presented as a narrated PowerPoint along with additional videos and articles.
Within each module participants are expected to participate in the weekly discussion.
At the end of each weekly module participants are expected to pass a weekly quiz with a minimum grade of 80% in order to advance to the next week.
Participants must complete the modules in the order they are presented.
Completion documentation will be provided after the 6th module.
This six module online training will cover the following topics:
- Victimology as a Discipline
- Who are Victims
Development/History of Laws
- Hammurabi Code
- Mosaic Law
- Roman Law
- Feminist Movement
- Civil Rights Laws
- Social Attitudes toward Crime
- Victims’ Rights Movement
- Forensic Victimology
- Victim Rights & Assistance
Theories of Victimology & Victimization
- Mendelsohn’s Theory of Victimization
- Von Hentig’s Theory of Victimization
- Schafer’s Functional Responsibility
- Wolfgang’s Study of Homicide
- Karmen Theory of Victimology
- Lifestyle Theory
- Routine Activities Approach
- The Opportunity Model of Victimization
- Critical Victimology
- Victim Blaming
Consequences of Victimization
- Physical Consequences
- Mental/Psychological Consequences
- Social Consequences
- Financial Consequences
Typologies of Victimization
- Intimate Partner Abuse
- Child Abuse
- Elder Victimization
- Hate Crimes
- Special Victim Populations
- Natural Disasters
- Property & Theft Victimization
Contemporary Issues in Victimology
- Hate Crimes
- Human Trafficking
- Future of Victimology