DATE: Jan 7, 2020
DELIVERY METHOD: Online
ACCESS: Will be provided to the learning platform by the Registrar within a few days of start date.
CE HOURS: 1 (one)
COURSE FEE: $50.
MATERIALS: All course material is provided.
SECTIONS: Participants will be assigned to a section of no more than 25.
FACULTY OVERSIGHT: An ITTI faculty member will be assigned to each section.
This 2-5-hour mini course is a suitable adjunct to our Sex Offender Treatment Provider course. It was developed by Harry Morgan, Ph.D. and Ken Hulata, B.S., both of whom have extensive experience working with sex offenders. This course offers 1 (one) CE Hour and will discuss the following topics:
- Etiology and effects of trauma
- Traumatic events that SOs experience (including arrest, charge, trial, sentencing, incarceration, probation and after probation)
- Effective trauma informed care of sexual offenders.
By the end of this self-paced mini course participants will understand:
- how trauma may have contributed to the SO’s criminogenic behavior
- how trauma continues to impact then SO
- how to provide a more effective modality of treatment to sexual offenders using trauma-informed care (TIC)
- how TIC differs from non-TIC modalities of SOTX
- that TIC is a paradigm shift in SOTX
This mini course will be of interest to all mental health professionals regardless of their specializations.Register Now