ITTI is an approved NBCC continuing education provider. ACEP # 6674
This course is NASW approved. ID# 886782500
- DATE: March 15 – May 10, 2021
- DELIVERY METHOD: 8-week online. Allow 4 – 5 hours per week.
- PREREQUISITES: None
- CE HOURS: 24
- COURSE FEE: $198 (discounted 10% thru 12/31/21). All course material is provided.
- SECTIONS: Participants will be assigned to a section of no more than 15.
- Discussion: Participants are encouraged to contribute to the online discussion for each module.
- FACULTY OVERSIGHT: This course is facilitated by a licensed social worker.
CERTIFICATION: This course provides the education component for certification. For all other certification requirements go to Evergreen Certifications
- COURSE INSTRUCTIONS:
This course is built around 8 weekly modules. Each module is presented as a narrated PowerPoint along with additional videos and articles.
- Within each module participants are expected to participate in the NON-LIVE weekly discussion. You will be able to interact with others in your section, as well as the instructor, via the discussion board.
- At the end of Module 8, there is a 94-question test. A passing grade of at least 80% is required for course completion.
- Participants must complete the modules in the order they are presented.
- Completion documentation will be provided after the 8th module.
This course examines: a) The historical development of sex offender legislation b) What constitutes a Sexual Offense c) Adult and Juvenile Sex Offense Typologies d) Misconceptions about Sex Offenders e) Sex Offender Risk Assessments f) Administration and Analysis of Sex Offender Risk Assessments g) How to conduct a Psycho-sexual Assessment h) Development of a Treatment Plan i) Best practices for Sex Offender Treatment.
- Module 1: Introduction and review of relevant literature
- Module 2: Diagnosing a sexual offense and offender
- Module 3: Differentiating between juvenile and adult offenders
- Module 4: Myths and misconceptions regarding sexual offenders
- Module 5: Current legislation and legal system
- Module 6: Assessing risk
- Module 7: Psycho-sexual assessments and models
- Module 8: Current review of best practices