International Trauma Training Institute is an approved NBCC continuing education provider. ACEP # 6674
- DATE: Oct 4 – Nov 15, 2021
- DELIVERY METHOD: 6-week online. Allow 2 – 3 hours per week.
- PREREQUISITES: None
- CE HOURS: 13
- COURSE FEE: $198 (discounted 10% thru 12/31/21). All course material is provided.
- SECTIONS: Participants will be assigned to a section with no more than 15.
- FACULTY OVERSIGHT: An ITTI faculty member will be assigned to each section.
- WITHIN EACH MODULE participants are expected to participate in the NON-LIVE weekly discussion. You will be able to interact with others in your section, as well as the instructor, via the discussion board.
The purpose of this course is to teach how to implement the Internal Family Systems model when working with families who have experienced trauma. St the end of the course, participants will b able to: Describe the Internal Family Systems model; Describe how trauma is created and persists in families; Integrate the Internal Family Systems model when working with families who have confronted trauma; and Apply the role of the therapist.
Module 1: WHAT IS TRAUMA
- The neurobiology of trauma
- Differentiate among various types of trauma
- How trauma impacts the family
- The cultural implications of trauma and family dynamics
Module 2: INTERNAL FAMILY SYSTEMS MODEL
- The basic assumptions of the model
- The overall goals of therapy
- The individual parts of the model
- Explain the IFS language
Module 3: PARTS AS SUBPERSONALITIES
- Analysis of the relationship between an individual’s internal system and external system
- Classification of the protective parts
- Examine relationships among the parts
Module 4: WORKING WITH FAMILIES
- Apply the IFS model to a family who has suffered a trauma
- Develop a therapeutic plan
- Choose an appropriate technique for therapeutic intervention
Module 5: STRENGTHS OF THE MODEL
- The strengths of the model
- The weaknesses of the model
- Application of the model with presented case situations
Module 6: EVIDENCE-BASED PRACTICE
- Discuss the purpose of using best evidence for implementing IFS
- Explain the need to develop evidence-based guidelines for trauma treatment
- Provide rationale for continuing research in the application of IFS to trauma treatment